Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Autumn Society Banners








The Autumn Society temporarily changes its banner from time to time, especially if there is a gallery show coming up with a certain theme. I was asked if I would like to take a crack at a new banner design (with no specific theme delegated, just free reign of design on my part) and I actually came up with two designs because I couldn't decide between a couple of ideas that I had. The first one is pictured here, and as of this posting it is also the Autumn Society's current banner! So you can check it out over there.

While the final product is pretty simple because of its function, this was a really cool assignment to have because this is the first thing people see when they go to the AS site, and one of the only visible branding marks, so in a way it represents all the artists who participate.

We'll see if the second one decides to rear its head as well.


3 comments:

Randall Nichols said...

This is great, man. You getting involved in Autumn Society, and just becoming aware of it, and all the artists involved have brought so many great art-related things to me. It's really cool to see something you did up top there, feels... full circle to me.

Strange Kid said...

Congrats! I love the colors on this piece and the simplicity of the character. Top notch all around, makes me wish we had something like this in Montgomery.

Glen said...

Although it's called "The Autumn Society of Philadelphia" you don't have to live there to join, as they have members from all over. I live in WV myself. i also believe there is an Autumn Society II blog as well.