Friday, August 7, 2009

My Art in the Philadelphia 8 Bit Show


As I mentioned yesterday, The Autumn Society of Philadelphia is putting on a classic video game themed show called 8 Bit and Beyond that opens today in Philly. When Chogrin asked me to join it was literally the day that they were hanging the show, but he still offered to print, frame, and hang one of my pieces if I got the file to him by that afternoon. I cut it close, but as evidenced by this photo I stole from Eric Braddock on the ASoP blog it looks like I made it in. That's my Mario themed piece "Pick a Box" just to the left of the top of the ladder.

I have wanted to be in a show like this forever (As many of you who have watched my unfruitful attempts to submit to I Am 8 Bit well know) So this is an amazing thrill for me; I just wish I wasn't heading in the opposite direction of Philly for the weekend.

So a public thanks to Chogrin for following through on his very gracious offer.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, the show looks interesting if only one pic

Anonymous said...

when i saw this i got really excited. i know how much you've been talking about it. awesome. just awesome.

cubeecraft said...

Congrats! I'll be at the opening tonight.