Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rocking Out

Lately I've been messing with iGoogle which is a customizable version of Google. If you have any sort of Google account like Gmail or Blogger then you have an iGoogle page, you just might not know it yet. One of the cool things about it is that you can give your page a theme, meaning you can change the colors of all the elements on the page as well as add a custom banner image. Even cooler is that the theme can change with the time of day.

When I find out I can customize something like this I tend to get a little obsessed with testing it out and making something unique. So naturally, I created a theme around Oly. For some reason Google wants you to create official themes only, meaning that all themes must be submitted for approval and then put up publicly on their site before you can use them. This as opposed to just letting you do something like throw a family picture on there for use by you on your own computer. That policy seems kinda dumb to me but there is a back-door way to get your own personal theme to work.

Ahem, digressing. Why I started this post was to show off a picture of Oly that I drew for the theme.





2 comments:

Randall Nichols said...

Cool new toys are fun. And that's just awesome.

Anonymous said...

glen, i'm submitting for our domestic partnership papers this week...